At MEDIQUS, we believe our relationship with our clients is our most important asset. We commit to providing them with the highest level of personal service available anywhere.
To help us understand their unique situation and guide us in providing our services, we need to gather personal information. This information is necessary to make the appropriate recommendations regarding long-term financial goals. In addition, this information is required as needed to open client accounts, process transactions or provide important insurance protection.
MEDIQUS Asset Advisors, Inc. (MEDIQUS), an independent financial and investment advisory firm, is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of its clients. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence. These records include all personal information that we collect in connection with any of the services provided by MEDIQUS. We have never disclosed information to non-affiliated third parties, except as required by law, and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If we were to anticipate such a change in policy, we would be prohibited under the law from doing so without first advising our clients. We use health and financial information provided by our clients to help them meet their personal financial goals while guarding against any real or perceived infringements of their right to privacy.
We zealously protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information we collect. We understand that our clients have entrusted us with this information, and we do everything we can as permitted by law to maintain that trust. There is nothing we take more seriously.
Any employee who violates this policy will face severe sanctions, including the possible termination of employment with MEDIQUS. In addition, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has adopted Regulation S-P which requires firms like MEDIQUS to implement privacy policies to protect their clients’ sensitive information that reasonable individuals would consider confidential.
- We limit employee and agent access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to non-affiliated parties as permitted by law. For example, federal regulations permit us to share a limited amount of information with a brokerage firm in order to open an account or execute securities transactions.
- We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that we collect from a client depend upon the scope of the client engagement. It may include information about personal finances, health, information about transactions between clients and third parties, and information from consumer reporting agencies.
- For non-affiliated third parties that require access to your personal information, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors, we also require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. In this regard, we require the execution of non-disclosure agreements from firms not subject to Regulation S-P to protect client information. Federal and state regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
- We will comply with written requests to share personal information with those our client may identify.
- We do not provide personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- Information Technology systems for data backup, password protection and internet access are professionally maintained and tested throughout the year.
- Personally identifiable information will be maintained during the time an individual or entity is a client, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws, and consistent with the CFP Board Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. After this required period of record retention, all such information may be destroyed or deleted.
This policy will be reviewed at least annually with the findings of the review included in our annual compliance review report as necessary. In addition, all employees are required to acknowledge that they have reviewed and agree to comply with the policy.